Finance Manager – Vacancy
Mukuru Youth Initiative is a youth founded and youth led community-based organization founded in 2013. We are located in Mukuru Kwa Reuben with our main office at the MuYI HUB, Opp Reuben Stadium.
We are focused on social and economic well-being of Mukuru young people by engaging them in different social activities. Our main focus is to make sure that we have a community of youth who are empowered and engaged in relation to our three strategic objectives;
· Civic Engagement – Youth Leadership Development & Civic Engagement activities and programs involve youth leaders in improving their community while developing themselves and their capacity to become agents of change.
· Social Enterprise – Through the MuYI HUB, MuYI will develop the leadership of youth in the community through employment and entrepreneurship.
· Art and Expression – Through creative expression, young people hone their ability to communicate, acquire cultural literacy, gain industry knowledge, and, most importantly, develop their voice as community leaders.
We currently have an exciting career opportunity for a Finance Manager, Mukuru Youth Initiative. The position holder will report to the Executive Director and will be based at Head Office in Nairobi.
The position holder will be responsible for maintaining highest levels of integrity, quality & timeliness in financial and management accounting function of the Organization in compliance with internal policies, regulatory requirements and International Financial Reporting Standards. Including and not limited to maintaining a robust internal control environment, preparation, review and submission of financials on a timely and accurate basis & managing stakeholder.
· Responsible for both internal and external Financial Reporting.
· Responsible for the business planning process including coordination for collation of data, input, review & submission of accurate and timely budget estimates.
· Ensuring integrity of the Trial Balance at all times.
· Responsible for recommending and authorizing all entries including post balance sheet transactions.
· Capital Management by ensuring optimization of available cash & liquidity requirements.
· Responsible for the development of the Audit Plan.
· Follow up for quick resolution to outstanding internal and external audit issues.
· Authorization of expenses within the approved limits and following due process.
· Staying abreast of all Donor reporting matters.
· Managing and providing leadership to assigned team.
· Documentation and continuous review of the internal control environment to mitigate risks.
· Embed international best practice and culture within the staff compliment of the team.
· Develop management information systems that will enhance decision making.
· Submission of various statutory returns to KRA, NHIF, NSSF or any other.
· Assist the Executive Director with tasks assigned.
· Responsible for the timely preparation and review of Board papers and other management reports.
· Demonstrate good communication and leadership skills with high personal integrity
· Organized, numerate, analytical and fully computer literate
· Very familiar with the current Insurance, Retirement Benefits Authority and Capital Markets Authority regulations
· High levels of energy, drive, creativity and innovation.
· Ability to prioritize and work on a wide range of deliverables at once.
· Self-starter who shows initiative and is able to drive projects to completion with minimal guidance.
· Excellent project management, accounting and expenditure verification skills
· Degree in Bachelor of Commerce – Finance option
· Certified Public Accountant at least CPA Part 2
· Minimum 3 years of financial and grants management experience in an NGO.
· Excellent working knowledge of Excel and standard accounting packages
Interested candidates who fully meet the above criteria should send an application letter and detailed Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job title on the email subject “Finance Manager” by 28th May 2021. Only email applications will be considered, and only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.